Dr. Paul C. Lee is an eye physician and surgeon with over 20 years of experience in vision correction. A pioneer and a leader, he founded California Center for Refractive Surgery in 2000 to provide a customized approach to refractive surgery. He has been the forerunner in adopting revolutionary technologies, most of which have now become staples in advanced vision correction.
His distinctions include being one of the first LASIK surgeons to promote thin-flap LASIK (now a standard), the first surgeon in California to offer the most advanced form of Bladeless Wavefront LASIK (VisuMax-Wavelight EX500 Bladeless LASIK), the Top ICL Surgeon in the nation, the first non-FDA U.S. surgeon certified in SMILE, and the first non-FDA surgeon to perform SMILE on the West Coast.
Dr. Paul C. Lee is also an expert in Premium Cataract and Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) surgery offering all forms of presbyopia-correcting intraocular lenses. Dr. Lee applies the precise and meticulous vision correction approach to cataract and refractive lens exchange procedures to restore clear and youthful vision in older patients.
With vast experience in all forms of vision correction surgery and by incorporating the most advanced technologies, Dr. Paul C. Lee strives to deliver the highest level of vision correction for all ages.
- Fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Tulane University
- Residency in Ophthalmology, Kentucky Lion’s Eye Research Institute, University of Louisville.
- M.D., University of California, San Diego
- B.S., University of California, Los Angeles
- Diplomat, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Dr. Lee performs SMILE on Draymond Green of the Warriors
Actor and comedian Jimmy O. Yang undergoes successful ICL surgery
Social Influencer Ashley Yi following her successful ICL surgery
The actor Daniel Kim of Hawaii Five-0 and son after SMILE