The Optiwave ORA system is an advanced technology used in ophthalmic surgery, specifically in Refractive lens exchange or Cataract (KPE) surgery. It stands for Optiwave Refractive Analysis and provides real-time wavefront aberrometry measurements during the procedure.
The system utilizes a wavefront sensor that analyzes the light reflected from the patient’s eye. This sensor captures data on the eye’s refractive power, including any aberrations or irregularities. These measurements are then used to calculate and guide the surgeon in making accurate adjustments during the surgery.
By providing immediate feedback on the patient’s refractive status, the Optiwave ORA system helps surgeons make informed decisions about intraocular lens (IOL) power selection, placement, and overall astigmatic correction. This dynamic information can lead to improved outcomes in terms of visual acuity and reduced dependence on glasses or contact lenses post-surgery.
In summary, the Optiwave ORA system is an innovative technology that aids surgeons in real-time measurements of the eye’s refractive power during cataract surgery, helping to optimize surgical decisions and enhance patients’ visual outcomes.
- Real-time measurements: The Optiwave ORA system provides immediate feedback on the eye’s refractive power during cataract surgery, allowing surgeons to make precise calculations and adjustments in real time.
- Enhanced precision: By analyzing wavefront aberrations, the system helps surgeons achieve greater accuracy in determining the appropriate intraocular lens (IOL) power and placement, leading to improved visual outcomes.
- Improved IOL selection: With the Optiwave ORA system, surgeons can choose the most suitable intraocular lens (IOL) power for the patient, resulting in reduced post-operative refractive errors and enhanced visual acuity.
- Improved patient satisfaction: By facilitating precise measurements and adjustments, the system contributes to improved patient satisfaction with the visual outcomes of cataract surgery.
- Guided decision-making: The Optiwave ORA system acts as a valuable tool for surgeons, offering real-time feedback that guides them in making precise decisions regarding IOL power selection, placement, and astigmatic correction.